Corporate Social Responsibility is expressed through the attitude that each company maintains towards the environment and society. MetalLogic recognizes its responsibility as an entity towards society and the environment and for this reason sets social corporate responsibility as an integral and key element of its strategic planning, undertaking responsible initiatives and implementing specific policies and actions regarding the improvement of environment and society.
DEFINITIONS - ABBREVIATIONS
CSR: Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility: the voluntary commitment of businesses to include in their business practices, social, environmental and cultural actions that are above and beyond what is imposed by current legislation and are related to those affected by their activity.
Corporate Image: the set of emotional reactions of the public every time they think of a company and which lead to a certain behavior, whether positive or negative.
Corporate Reputation: The conscious performance by society of characterizations that are socially positively acceptable to a company.
Corporate Philanthropy: the giving of money to a charity/cause. It is the most traditional form of CSR.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IS DIVIDED INΤΟ THREE TYPES
It combines social benefits with immediate strategic goals, aiming to enhance long-term financial goals.
It refers to various actions that aim to act as a deterrent, with the purpose of minimizing any social harm.
The adoption of CSR becomes necessary due to the phenomenon of globalization and in the context of the effort to raise living standards and economic development, but also in shaping the image and reputation of companies that are socially and environmentally responsible.
In addition, the adoption of CSR policies is considered necessary for a sustainable development. Furthermore, CSR is divided into internal and external. Internal concerns employees and is linked to issues such as investment in human resources, health and safety and change management.
External concerns the extension of the company’s responsibility to the local community and concerns a wide set of stakeholders, which are not only employees and shareholders but also suppliers, customers, partners, etc. Finally, a concept linked to the CSR is business ethics.
Business ethics concerns the decisions and actions of management executives that respond to the general policy and is based on ethical rules, moral principles, virtues and values.
Business ethics is mainly achieved by developing relationships of trust and ethical principles between the human resources of a company and its relations with the external environment of the company in order to promote the social interest and progress of society as a whole.
MetalLogic, respecting the environment and the needs of society, makes CSR part of its strategy and deals with both environmental and social issues with care and sensitivity. Therefore, aiming to contribute to addressing environmental and social issues and having as a vision a more sustainable future for all and wanting to leave a positive footprint by caring for future generations, MetalLogic implements a set of ideal and targeted practices at every level of its operation, from practices within the company up to the selection of partners who have the same environmental and social goals.
- It raises awareness and encourages social change, while maintaining its corporate image.
- It improves working conditions and adopts environmentally friendly policies.
- It maintains its corporate reputation by participating in fair trade.
- Makes charitable donations (Corporate Philanthropy).
- It is constantly committed to ethical behavior and contributing to economic development while improving the quality of life of both its workforce and their families, as well as local communities and society at large.
- It takes care of the regular control of its consumption of water, energy and raw materials as well as the emission of pollutants into the environment.
- It is committed to the use and production of recycled and recyclable materials, increasing the durability of the products.
- It offsets polluting emissions.
- It takes care of special groups by giving them jobs, contributing to the fight against unemployment, the equal treatment of individuals and the strengthening of disadvantaged groups.
- It respects its human resources without discrimination.
- It integrates social and environmental concerns on a voluntary basis.
- We work together to support local communities in achieving their development priorities.
- We act according to the Company’s Code of Conduct “Putting Our Values into Action”
- We work dynamically with our social partners while respecting the local culture.
- We respect the cultural heritage of the countries in which we operate.
- We create opportunities for residents and local businesses to benefit directly and indirectly from the company’s activities.
- We adhere to and strive to exceed applicable international standards.
- We respect human rights within our scope of action